Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Wedding Inspiration Board

My lovely and creative fiancee Kelly recently crafted an "Inspiration Board" for a contest on the wedding-related blog Style Me Pretty. Out of over a hundred entries, Kelly's was one of ten favorites selected by the blog's owner as a beautiful example of a "work of art."

Style Me Pretty writer Abby Larson describes why she chose these particular boards here:

"There are a few inspiration boards that I just think are little works of art. The colors, the styles and the overall look on each of these boards is brilliant, and I can really "feel" the type of wedding that the bride is looking to create. I have asked each designer to give us a little description of the wedding they are envisioning, along with a list of sources where we can find all of the gorgeous goods featured."

Below is is Kelly's board and her description from the blog. I'm proud of you, honey!



Sources: (Left to right, top to bottom)

1) Flower Headpiece: Martha Stewart Weddings Spring 2005 (no, I'm not the type that has been collecting wedding magazines since I was 12...just a lucky coinicidence.)
2) Bridesmaids in pink: Martha Stewart Weddings Spring 2005
3) Flower Arrangement: Martha Stewart Weddings Spring 2007
4) Pink Lanterns: istockphoto.com through Google image search
5) Wedding Dress: brides.com: Dress by Tara Keely, Fall 2007 collection
6) Flowers in Box: Stylemepretty.com Feb 28, 2007 entry, Preppy but Elegant board
7) Light in Tree: Stylemepretty.com July 31, 2007 Sarah's board
8) Rustic Sign: Stylemepretty.com July 31, 2007 entry, Kay's Picinic Themed Wedding
9) Cake: Thecakegirls.com
10) Shoes: Marthastewart.com through google image search for Turkish Shoe Signing
11) Petit Fours - Stylemepretty.com January 26, 2007 entry, Insp board for Anne
12) Building - Google Image search for Wyche Pavillion
13) Lemonade - Google Image Search for lemonade
14) Photo Frame Signing - Stylemepretty.com July 31, 2007, Kay's Picnic Themed Wedding
15) Table Arrangement: Martha Stewart Weddings Spring 2007

From Kelly...

When I was younger and envisioned my wedding, I always thought of being surrounded by my closest friends and family in a place that strongly represented me and the man I was going to marry. For me and Dan, that meant being close to nature; near the mountains he loves and surrounded by the flowers I grew up with. We are relaxed, casual people who share a deep romantic bond, and I've worked to create a setting that would reflect that.

Dan really wanted to get married in his hometown down south, and when we found the Wyche Pavillion (picture 12), we knew it was the right place. The rustic, outdoorsy feeling was perfect and would provide shelter if we needed it for our early April wedding. Also, being right on the river for both the ceremony and reception provides a venue that speaks to our personalities.

I chose a soft, spring color palette filled with pinks, knowing that my bridesmaids would look good in any pink they chose for their dresses. To create an almost "secret garden" feeling, I chose lush flowers like peonies and mock orange in loose, overflowing arrangements. Also in keeping with this theme, we're using wood and vines in both our table arrangements and our wedding arch.

1 comment:

important occasions said...

running a balloon decoration service, we have also found a return to girlie pinks. The balloon colour suppliers introduced new chocolates and more gold options, but it's been the return of the pinks

balloons coventry